10.07.1999 Trieste, Italy. University of Trieste, Faculty of Sciences, Department of Biology. Academic degree in Natural Sciences.
20.04.2006 Trieste, Italy. University of Trieste, Faculty of Sciences, Department of Biology. Ph.D. (doctorate) in Biomonitoring Methods of the Environmental Alteration.
From October 2010 until now Research Scientist with fixed-term contract at OGS (Istituto Nazionale di Oceanografia e di Geofisica Sperimentale) - Oceanography.
From March 2006 until September 2010 Scientific investigator with a Research Grant at OGS (Istituto Nazionale di Oceanografia e di Geofisica Sperimentale) - Oceanography.
From November 2002 until December 2006 Ph.D. student at the Laboratory of Marine Biology of Trieste.
From September 2000 until May 2001 Scientific Collaborator with fixed-term contract at University of Trieste, Faculty of Sciences, Department of Biology.
From February 2000 until October 2002 Scientific Collaborator with fixed-term contract at the Laboratory of Marine Biology of Trieste.
Social skills and competencies:
Communication, team work and international scientific cooperation.
- Didactic activity at primary schools, high schools on the marine plankton
- Summer courses for university students
- Seminars for fishermen
- Co-examiner of 4 degrees and one PhD on marine biology themes
Organisational skills and competencies:
Organization of sampling activity at sea (167 days spent at sampling on research/fishing vessels). Interviewing fishermen. Project preparation.
Technical skills and competencies:
Operation of plankton nets, fishing set nets, long-lines and other special equipment for sampling at sea; use of optical and inverted microscopes and other laboratory instruments; computer skills (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Primer, Internet).
- Trophic ecology of marine planktivorous fish
- Census of fishing vessels, fishing gears and relative fishery production
- 1999-2000 Census of fish species in inland waters of the Friuli Venezia Giulia (Italy).
- 2000-2001 Proposal for a Project on the management of fish stocks of the Northern Adriatic Sea in cooperation with Slovenia and Croatia. Main activities: census of fishing vessels, description of the fishing activities, assessment of fishing effort, estimation of fishery production in the North-eastern Adriatic Sea.
- 2000-2002 “Interreg II” (Monitoring project of the Northern Adriatic Sea), “Interreg III” (Monitoring project of the Northern Adriatic Sea) e “M.A.T.” (Mucillage in hte Adriatic and Tyrrhenian Seas). Main activities: analysis of the microzooplankton in the Northern Adriatic Sea.
- 2002-2003 “Fish & Fronts” - Regional Collaboration in Environmental Monitoring and Forecasting in the Northern Adriatic (2002-2005), “Bioenergetics of small pelagic fish in the Adriatic Sea”; cooperation among the Laboratory of Marine Biology of Trieste, the Great Lakes Environmental Research Laboratory (NOAA- Ann Arbor and Muskegan- MI) and the IRPEM-CNR (Ancona) Institut. Main activities: study of diet, feeding rhythm and energy content of the European anchovy; study of the distribution of the mesozooplankton at frontal systems of the Po river (Adriatic Sea).
- 2006 “EcoMADR (Integration of knowledge on the Northern Adriatic Marine Ecosystem), Interreg IIIA Italy-Slovenia 2000-2006. Main activities: study of the trophic ecology of anchovy and sardine and the mesozooplanktonic community of the Gulf of Trieste.
- 2007-2009 Participation as sub-contractor to the project “SARDONE” (Improving assessment and management of small pelagic species in the Mediterranean -Proposal/Contract no.: FP6-44294 -Sixth framework programme, Priority 8.1, Policy-oriented research: scientific support to policies). Main activities: study of the trophic ecology of larval and juvenile stages of anchovy and sardine in the Adriatic Sea, focusing on the relationships between mesozooplankton and small pelagic fish.
- 2007-2009 “Trezze of the Adriatic Sea: study of some areas of particular environmental value to exploit the local fishing resources”. Main activities: characterization of fish and decapod crustaceans assemblages at the rocky outcrops of the Gulf of Trieste.
- 2010 Technical advice to the project PIM08 – Fishing Intensity Offshore Adriatic (Caracteristics and effort of fishing activities in three Adriatic sites of ENI interest). Main activities: census of fishing vessels, description of fishing activities, estimation of fishing effort and its impact.
- 2010-2011 Participation to the project "ENEL Contract n. 1400015684 Pre-injection Off-Shore Baseline Survey". Main activities: sampling and sorting of the macrozoobenthos.
- 2009-2012 Participation to the project "Monitoring of the submerged artificial berriers of Lignano Sabbiadoro", “ADRI.BLU” (PIC Interreg IIIA Cross-border Adriatic )”, in cooperation with ARPA FVG. Main activities: characterization of fish and decapod crustaceans assemblages.
- 2012 “TRECORALA -Trezze and coralligenous formations of the Northern Adriatic Sea”, cross-border Inter-regional project between Italy and Slovenia. Main activities: characterization of fish and decapod crustaceans assemblages.