Degree in Environmental Science with marine specialisation.
University Master's Degree in Management of universities and research.
I've worked in Italy and abroad in both public and private projects in coordinating and drawing up Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) reports. I’ve been a member of the regional EIA advisory committee deciding about the environmental compatibility of the projects.
Since 2010 I'm working at The National Institute of Oceanography and Experimental Geophysics - OGS. I’ve been involved in the technical-scientific organization of International projects and Italian initiatives in the field of geological storage of CO2 (CCS). I was the OGS scientific responsible for two FP7 European research projects (CGSEurope, ECCSEL) and for the study commissioned by the Italian Ministry of Environment of the potential risks and environmental impacts both on the terrestrial and the marine environment associated with CO2 geological storage.
Since the creation of the new Department for the promotion and valorization of Research in 2013 and until 2019, I was directly involved in:
- Support for the planning and management of research projects funded by the European Union and public bodies at national and local levels;
- Maintaining contacts and relations with the European Commission and the Italian Agency for the Promotion of European Research;
- Monitoring of calls, obtaining information on the mechanisms of financing and co-financing of EU R&D projects;
- Organizing and updating of databases of research projects and international collaborations;
- Support for the management of mobility projects both for foreign incoming researchers and for the exchange of researchers between OGS and other scientific institutions;
- Support for the research communication.
Since 2021 I am the Sevretary General of the CO2GeoNet Association (The European Network of Excellence on Geological Storage of CO2), maintaining the international relations and coordinating the participation of the 27 European members in collaborative research projects.
I carry out research in the field of underground energy storage (e.g. hydrogen), geological storage of CO2 (CCS) and energy policies relating to the impacts on climate change and the net-zero objectives regarding CO2 emissions.
OGS scientific responsible for two FP7 European research projects:
- CGS Europe (Pan-European coordination action on CO2 Geological Storage)
- ECCSEL (European Carbon Dioxide Capture and Storage Laboratory)
OGS scientific responsible for WP7 of the H2020 project ENOS (Enabling Onshore CO2 Storage)
OGS scientific responsible for the study commissioned by the Italian Ministry of Environment of the potential risks and environmental impacts both on the terrestrial and the marine environment associated with CO2 geological storage.
Collaboration to the European projects:
- RISCS (Research into Impacts and Safety in CO2 Storage) - FP7
- SiteChar (Characterisation of European CO2 Storage) – FP7
- CO2CARE (CO2 Site Closure Assessment Research) – FP7
- EERA-CCS (European Energy Research Alliance)
- MEDSALT (Uncovering the Mediterranean salt giant) COST Action
- SALTGIANT (Understanding the Mediterranean salt giant through multidisciplinary research). H2020 Marie Skłodowska-Curie Innovative Training Networks
- SLATE (Submarine LAndslides and Their impact on European continental margins) H2020 Marie Skłodowska-Curie Innovative Training Networks
- HYSTORIES (Hydrogen Storage In European Subsurface) – H2020